Virginia Paving Company is committed to operating and conducting business in an environmentally responsible and sustainable way. This responsibility of environmental stewardship rests with every level of the company, from management to trade workers and everyone in between.
The environment is an important consideration to us in the manufacture of asphalt pavement.
- Virginia Paving uses recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) as much as possible to reduce the need for virgin aggregate and liquid asphalt.
- Virginia Paving produces asphalt pavement at lower temperatures (Warm Mix). This uses less fuel and results in fewer emissions than producing conventional hot-mix asphalt.
- Virginia Paving uses recycled asphalt shingles (RAS) in some areas to reduce the need for virgin aggregate and liquid asphalt.
- Whenever possible Virginia Paving uses natural gas for fuel, resulting in fewer emissions than using other fossil fuels.
- Our pervious pavements offer environmental benefits such as aiding in the stormwater infiltration process.
To see our environmental awards, click here.
For more information, please read the .
For more information on asphalt pavement please go to: http://www.asphaltpavement.org/